The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Depends on colour of the dial....

...First I want to say the 1133G Monaco's (the ones with the grey dial) are way too much underappreciated IMHO. I really believe these grey dialed Moanco's are very very nice, somewhat more "distingueshed" then the McQueen Monaco and a they can be a good combination when wearing a suit, if cuffs are wide enough :-)) Jeff has a great tool to decide which shirt to wear with which watch...just ask Jeff! But be warned, he has already patented his invention!!

So, here we go...you'll see some pictures of my favourite combinations.

I always wear the 1133G in combination with the brown "Louisiana Alligator" strap, 18mm Heuer buckle attached ofcourse. I tried several combinaitions on this 1133G during the years but always ended up by attaching this aligator strap to the grey dialed Monaco's...

For what concerns the 1133B Monaco, the "real" McQueen Monaco...I do prefer to wear it on the first execution bracelet...I just love this combination!! I do not like the second execution bracelet as seen in David's pictures...I think it makes the watch too heavy and draws too much attention away from the case...

And last but not least...the 1133B on its original blue Corfam strap...nothing more to say...just gorgious and made for eachother :-) However I must admit I almost never wear this strap as they tend to break easily or get used very very fast...

A shot all togehter...

Cheers,
Abel.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE