The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Today is...GMT-Day....
In Response To: Today is...GMT-Day.... ()

: Well after I have seen some very very nice Heuer GMT-watches being
: posted here on OTD this past week, I decided to wear this one
: today;

:
:
:
:

: Have a great sunday!
: Abel.

How appropriate! I just purchased an Autavia GMT manual wind today. At least I think it is. Looks exactly like others I've seen pictures. Later model with red stripes on the hands and fluted pushers. Original leather strap. Paid $45 at Savers! I'm going to have a local shop take a look inside to make sure it's genuine. Chrono second resets to +2sec, but I'm guessing that's not a difficult fix. Crystal could use some cleaning, and hands are a bit faded, but can I complain?
Does anyone have an instruction manual for it?
Cheers!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE