The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Buckles without stamps = fakes?

Hello Peter!

I have not seen a Heuer buckle without any stamp yet...so this is the first one I see.

However from what I can see in your pictures it seems to be an original re-issue buckle. But not a vintage one, that's for sure.

In case this is a far-east copy...I must admit they do a very good copy with this one...but I strongly doubt it!

Here's TAG-Heuer's latest re-issue buckle, with quite minimalistic stamping on the inside;

Cheers,
Abel.

: Hi there

: I just today received a buckle that I won on eBay for £ 35. Not
: much for a brand new one.

: But as a result of this buckle debate I am now wandering if it is a
: new original or a Far East copy. Quality seems as good as the
: ones I have that are new originals from (TAG) Heuer.

: The seller tells me:
: “I purchased a number of these, with other vintage watches and
: accessories from a seller i know in Germany offline. From what I
: know they are original.”

: Here are some late night photos with shadows of the buckle:
:
:

:
:

: Peter
: Denmark
: www.watchsite.dk

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE