The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
My Assessment of this Chronograph

Arend:

Thank you so much for posting these photos, and let me apologize for my delay in replying.

• This dial certainly appears to be original, based on the age and quality of the printing.
  • The logo looks strange compared with others from this era -- in that the "Heuer" is very small -- but we see that there are many different styles of Heuer logos from this period.
  • I believe that the main hands (hour and minute) may have been replaced; we do not often see the dauphine hands on these chronographs, and these hands seem to be too long. The minute hand should end at the minute track, and should not extend out to the date track.

Still, this is a very pretty watch. If it were me, I would try to find some of the correct style hands and be very happy wearing this one!!

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Dear Jeff,
: The pics. the dial has a shop name (Beyer in Zurich, let me know
: your opinion.
: Is possible to estimate the total triple calendar chrono production
: ?
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE