The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
No Doubt, It Would be Made by Dubey and Schaldenbrand

Maybe I have created some confusion here, for which I apologize. Let me try to clarify:

• Dubey and Schaldenbrand created the Index Mobile rattrapante system in around 1946, and made chronographs with this complication, under the company's own name.

• Dubey and Schaldenbrand also manufactured Index Mobile chronographs for other brands, under a "private label" type of arrangement (much like Heuer made certain specialized watches for Hamilton, Bulova, Zodiac, etc.) . . . I understand that these other brands, manufactured by Dubey, included Eberhard, Baume & Mercier, Breitling, Tourneau, etc.

• If there were genuine Heuer Index Mobile chronographs, they would have been made by Dubey and Schaldenbrand for Heuer.

• Accordingly, the cases, movements, hands, dials, etc. would not have been made by Heuer (using the familiar Heuer style pieces), but would have been made by Dubey and Schaldenbrand, in the style and with the components of the Dubey and Schaldenbrand chronographs.

I hope that this makes sense to our readers; we are not looking for traditional Heuer chronographs, made by Heuer; we are looking for a special edition, made for Heuer by another manufacturer.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Text on bridge does lookes fakely engaved and case and dial is just
: not Heuer in any way for me.
: My guess case is not signed?
: Has no similarities with any other Heuer from the 40´s - 50´s
: that i have seen.
: I think establishing authnticity with Tag Heuer themselves will be
: only way to establish authentic or fake and i´m 100% sure they
: will say its a fake.
: Case,Crown,Dial,Hands,Small hands,Caliber of movement in short
: everything is not Heuer!
: From my standpoint its a fake probably put together in South
: America but i can´t verify.

: Cheers,Par

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE