The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Autavia Pilots watch/ Info request

Hi all,

I have three argentinian airforce watches (one is nos and came with its original heuer tag with corresponding back case number printed on, see page 72) shown and discussed in my book.
Jack Heuer and Gerd RĂ¼diger Lang have both confirmed authenticy of these very rare time pieces.
For high quality image it was important to be an army supplier and Heuer was very strong in supplying various military forces as royal navy, IDF, angola, argentina, chile, german bund, italy, jordan....
The argentinian airforce and the naval arm were supplied during 15 years, mid 60is to eraly 80is, hence they have been one of the major clients.
I have seen 25 watches surfacing during the last 12 years collecting Heuer watches with few of these in good conditions.
The backcase engraving is very detailed, which makes these watches more difficult to fake than other military versions like for example the Israel defence force ones. A bigger number of watches were ordered around the falkland crisis around eraly 80is.
Jeff it would be great if you could put me in contact with your friend in south america to get more information and pictures of issued watches he finds there.
Around 700 watches are believed to have been supplied to the airforce during 1960is and 1980is.
I have googled and found out that the argentinian airforce has more than 630 planes in service.
Most of the watches were supplied with steel straps except a few with period rubbers for the naval services to reduce reflections.
Some of the watches have been customized by Heuer hence therefore slight variations of hands and bezels are not uncommon.
Any pics, any info would be great and very much appreciated...

Cheers

Arno
www.heuerchronographs.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE