The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
1940's heuer chronograph *PIC*

Having been a Tagheuer fan for about 20 years already I was really amazed to recently find that the watch I coveted as a child, a gift from my grandmother to my father, was in fact an early heuer - see pic.

My grandmother was a partizan in Yugoslavia in World War II, and the watch was a gift to her from my grandfather. Apparently he bought a pair but lost his in a watch repair company in Vienna during the war.

I had it cleaned and the repaired (the winder mechanism was missing) a couple of years ago. The winder isn't an original part - I would be interested in knowing where I could get an original piece for this watch.

Also I have no idea of value and need to get it insured so if anyone has any ideas about its value, I would be very grateful. I haven't been able to accurately date it from the catalogues available here so any info about the watch or a more accurate date for it would also be most welcome.

Messages In This Thread

1940's heuer chronograph *PIC*
Re: 1940's heuer chronograph, with PIC
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE