The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
RE: ATG strap and Freda

: Sweet combo! The dial/hands - strap combi is a killer!

: Thinking about an ATG strap for my new Carrera, is it worth the
: 60BGP? They do look very nice.
: But I did see some similar but less priced straps on
: fredawatchstraps.com

Hello, I believe I see the Freda straps with colored stitching that you are referring to. They look nice. However, I like the racing type strap (with ventilation type-holes) ATG offers for my Autavia. The strap is thickly padded (which I prefer in a strap) and well constructed of a soft but durable appearing leather. The stitching is substantial as is the clasp, too. I think it will hold up well, especially with a heavy watch like the Autavia automatic. I think it's well worth the under $100 US dollar price at the current exchange rate. In fact, I also bought a red stitched version for my manual Autavia GMT. Thanks for informing me about Freda, though, they appear to have some nice products and I love the "Aviation" watch I see they offer, too. If I remember correctly, I believe that model is constructed of NOS Breitling parts from the 70's as well as newly manufactured movements. Anyone else here know anything about that?
Steve

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE