The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
DEREK BELL was invited from me .....! SIGNED BY DEREK BELL ! *PIC*

: Hello James, hi Arno

: that's great to know that the book arrived safely!!
And i am Happy too that you like it too.

"

: Jasper you are a star, how did you manage Derek Bell signing it ?"

: Cheers

: Arno

Well Arno, as we met in Goodwood UK this summer, i had a Derek Bell fan at my Classicheuer Watch Stand, she bought a Book and told me that she will get up to the Paddock and have her book signed by derek personally. So i told her to tell Derek if he like to came up to my Watchstand he is welcome and would get one copy free.

And what happend, Derek Bell, came ( with a lot of press people at his back too)at saturday afternoon between to races to me and asked for his copy of your book, and offered me to sign some books on my stand too, he was about 20 minits around , we talk the hole time about racing and Heuers. We sold nearly 40 books at that day.( but i keep 8 signed books for later sales to collector friends!)
He was very interessted in the watch buisness and the Autavia shown in your book Arno was stolen in the 80 ties! So hes still thinking about getting a old Autavia 1163 MH back with Jack Heuer.

Hes not only a great driver but also a very kind person too.

Greetings Jasper
www.classicheuer.de

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE