The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
A Synchronisation Test Seems a great idea !!
In Response To: Heuer clock comes to life ()

It seems my photo's have spawned a theme of there own. I agree that a sychro'ed pair of clocks would have been a better screen shot. I placed the 2nd clock in the photo just to make a quick comparison, at the time i didn't think to synchronise them. ( it could also have been the red wine kicking in to impare my judgement )
Now we have a comparison opportunity, I will start them together and set the time according to my computer. One week later i will check and photo the 2 clocks and see which one runs closest to correct time.
My personal guess is that the square cased, gold one may win as i've had that for some time now and it is used regularly. The rounded silver one is new to me and i have no idea how much use it has seen over the last couple of years. To add to this the silver one has a new diet of 220 Volts and may well take some time to settle in.

I have just started the "test" and can inform you the clocks are synch'ed to my computer and connected to the same power supply.
Answers next week.
Your opinions/guesses on results are welcome.

Have a great weekend - Darren

P.S. Hi Abel - yes i did commit the ultimate crime of placing a watch face down. I can tell you that its not a regular habbit and that no watches or animals were harmed in the making of that screen shot. Lesson learned !!! ;-)
-
-
-
-
--

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE