The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I Will Need to Check 1984 / 85 Catalogs
In Response To: Heuer question ()

I'm not so sure about your reference to "flaming"? we really haven't had too much of that over the past few years; most of our participants are very well-behaved; not much joy in the flaming; more interested in the watches.

I believe that this model is shown in the 1984 / 1985 catalogs, and I am happy to have a look at them later tonight.

In terms of whether or not it is worth bidding on, it's all a matter of taste (and price). These quartz watches seem to be under-appreciated among the vintage collectors, and sell at relatively low prices.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Hello everyone, i have a question that some of you may be able to
: answer. Before you all flame me, the watch in question is'nt
: mine for sale!
: I'm about to start bidding on a Heuer on ebay, however i have never
: seen the model before, i have looked through the net and haven't
: seen or read anything about it. I wondered whether you guys
: could help me out, is it worth bidding on?

:
: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TAG-HEUER-2000-ORIGINAL-WATCH_W0QQitemZ230319026795QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Jewelery_Watches_Watches_MensWatches_GL?hash=item230319026795&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72
: %3A1298%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE