The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Best Seller Protection = There really is none!

Ebay and PayPal have become a hellish highmare. See: http://www.paypalwarning.com/paypal_problems. I have been selling on ebay for 9 years and seen it all. You now have to take PayPal or a credit card for payment - no more checks, money orders or bank wire transfers. Also, to protect yourself, you have to have traceable shipping ONLINE - they will not accept any other form of shipping confirmation. So, if you ship something and its paid for by PayPal and it gets lost and you can't find it - PayPal will give the buyer his money back and you are screwed.
Add to that, USPS states it does not insure jewelry including watches. I now only ship Fedex to any country besides the US and Canada. If you think you are safe doing it any other way and taking PayPal - eventually you will take it in the SHORTS! TRUST ME - I HAVE BEEN THERE MANY TIMES. And NEVER ship anything to ITALY - that is how all the postal workers get there bonesses!
It's too bad that ebay has become a dictator state and I think it will only get worse. They have become the meaning of control freaks. All I can hope for is another selling site that will do them in! Craig
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE