The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Ebay:: One way to get your auction how you want it...

I am posting this up here lest it get lost, it refers to the string lower down is quite interesting.

I recently put a high price Rolex on Ebay (not normally my thing) after researching other sales of this expensive watch. They all said, Bank Transfer only, shipping when funds clear. So I loaded my auction with the same details, within 1 hour it was tossed. However after more research I realized something.

All of the previous auctions I looked at had HTML auction bodies, they didn't use the Ebay HTML but they were using either their own Code or they were from outside services. They did not get deleted,

So what do we think? Two reasons I can think....either;

A. Ebay can't search full HTML pages or
B. If the info is hosted outside of Ebay and only displayed on the auction then Ebay can not do anything about it....?

What do you guys think? It took me two minutes to find this one... anything high priced seems to be done like this...

Below is a page from a recent $27,000 val. 72 Daytona Auction and you can see this is what they did here...

Messages In This Thread

Ebay:: One way to get your auction how you want it...
Re: Ebay:: One way to get your auction how you want it...
Yes I do....
one thing is very clear with ebay
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE