The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Zodiac is a GREAT brand! Don't turn your nose up…
In Response To: Another Poor Man Arrived Today ()

Zodiac is a GREAT brand! Don't turn your nose up at them... They made a lot of VERY cool watches in the 1960's, I own 5 1960's era models and there is great value for the money. Zodiac didn't have the fame of Heuer or some of the other "Famous" brands like Breitling, Rolex, Longines and Omega of that epoch, but they did produce some really nice watches. The Sea-Chron and the Super-Seawolf were as capable or more capable (200m W/R same as a Submariner of the same era) than any manufacturer's dive watches in this era (ok, I'll make an exception for the incomparable work (even today) of Ollech & Wajs on the 1000m Carribean models), they still can be found with a little searching and often can be had for a song!

Unfortunately, Zodiac had some rough times in the 1970's and 1980's, recovered enough to produce some very nice Tudor like 7750 Models in the early to mid 1990's only to fall on hard times and be bought out by Fossil of all brands who has revamped the product line (not for the better) as their "high-end" line (motion of finger reaching for back of throat)...

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

(Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Messages In This Thread

Another Poor Man Arrived Today
Zodiac is a GREAT brand! Don't turn your nose up…
Not too "Poor" from where I am sitting! Nice One. *NM*
i was wondering who got that one...
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE