The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Monaco 1133 *PIC*

I've been lurking on this forum for almost a year now, but when I saw Jeff Stein's pics of his Monaco 1133B, I thought this might be the time to dare posting to the forum. I also have one of these Monaco McQueens with the flat hands, though mine says 1133 - no B, and the other side shows 157851. I'd wondered if my Monaco was legit, given that I'd never before seen pics of the Monaco with these hands. Anyone know more about this particular iteration of the Monaco?

Unfortunately for this forum, I also don't have great pics of this Monaco. Indeed, there's something about the geometry of this watch that makes taking a favorable photo of the hands, the dial, the crystal, the case, etc. all in one photo next to impossible. So I attach what I consider to be my most accurate and demonstrative (and Photoshop'd) photo of my Monaco, and I offer a link to my other pics at http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidw-b/. None of the other pics are great either, so lower your expectations now. ;-)

This watch was one of my late father's watches, and he never wore it so it's in mint condition, and I still have the original box, though the box has some wear to the interior "Heuer" logo as my pics show. It is my hope to ultimately sell his old watches, which includes a vintage Heuer Mareographe, as I'm not an interested collector, but I'll probably need better pics and a better economy to do so.

Thanks, Jeff, for posting your great pics, especially of this rare Monaco McQueen. Again, if anyone knows more about this particular iteration of the Monaco, I'm real interested in learning more about it. Thanks!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE