The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
A Super Rare Mareographe, Indeed
In Response To: A Mareographe *LINK* *PIC* ()

This is a super rare version of the Mareographe, so rare that I called our best authority over here in the U.S. of A., to confirm that this is a legitimate version. He confirmed that this one is absolutely real (. . . but you probably already knew that).

We see a lot of Abercrombie Seafarers in this Reference 2444-style case, with these beautiful dauphine hands, but the Heuer Mareographes in this 2444 case are very rare. Most of the Heuer Mareographes were in the very early cases or the very late cases (both as shown below).

Also, the Flickr site is a great idea. I have used Flickr for other purposes, and it is awesome. It will also allow me to "grab" some your images, and add them to OnTheDash, with your permission, of course.

Thanks for making this awesome debut on our forum!! You have two amazing Heuers and we greatly appreciate your sharing them with us.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
: I just posted a photo of my Monaco McQueen 1133 which is remarkably
: similar to the Monaco 1133B that Jeff Stein just posted pics of,
: and thought that since I posted that one, I'd also post my
: *amateur* self-taken pics of my Mareographe, since it's my
: understanding it is somewhat rare. I have more pics of this
: watch at http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidw-b/ , and I will be
: updating this site often, as I lean how to be a better
: photographer of these fine watches.

: Like the Monaco, this is one of my late father's watches. He
: actually wore this watch, unlike his Monaco, so it's not in
: perfect condition. I do have the original band for it, but took
: it off for these pics, and will put it back on for more pics
: I'll post soon.

: All the other pics I've seen of Mareographes look much different
: from this one, so like with the Monaco, if anyone knows anything
: about this particular iteration of the Mareographe, I'm real
: interested to know more about it. Thanks!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE