The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Really nice Arno - Fresh PVD
In Response To: My latest Purchase ()

Congratulations on this one Arno.
As i stated in the subject line - really nice. These Monza's are so clear to read and the classic colour scheme makes it even more appealing in the flesh. With strong racing ties and links to Austria's great F1 driver, Niki Lauda, i can well understand your motivation to get this watch. The PVD on your example is in excellent condition.

I use a Monza as my daily work watch.

Mine is however a lot more used than yours but the 'brassing' where the PVD has come away has given it (IMO) a very warm and antique charm of its own.

The crystal on this watch is very robust and scratch resistant. I have it on a basic aftermarket strap and the black on black colour scheme works perfectly with my work clothes.

All the best - Darren

-
-
-
-
-
-: Hello,
: as recently discussed, the monzas have a strong motorsport link
: issued after ferrari/ niki lauda historical worldchampion titel
: win in 1975 in monza.Must have for austrians...
: This one came from germany and had the original monza instruction
: papers.
: What do you think, like it ?
:
:
:
:
:
: Cheers
: Arno

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE