The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
looking at this monza on auction... *LINK*

looks good, except if you look at the pic of the catalog and the actual watch, the small hands are switched? not really a big deal, but makes me wonder. is this something that was done often at the factory, or might it have been done by a watchmaker who made a simple mistake during a reassembly?

i see alot(relatively speaking of course) of tiny differences between similar models made by heuer. i can't quite figure out if most or all of these were done at the factory, or if these are little mistakes made in the life of the watch by various watchmakers. was it common for heuer to utilize new parts if they ran out, hence all the tiny differences? maybe an example would be the short handed monaco's? really i'm trying to get a feel on how many versions exist, and which are "right" and which are "wrong." thanks in advance.

to clarify, just using this auction for that tiny little difference. i'm not saying this watch is wrong in any shape or form. just a good example for my questions and hopefully to learn something.

oh and one more question for the moderator(s), is this type of post using a current auction still allowed, or should i wait until it's over? would it be possible (when time allowed of course) to add some basic does and don'ts of auction links, meaning besides the general ones already in place. i really don't want to step on any toes, if you know what i mean. if it is not allowed anymore, fell free to delete it. thanks!

j.h.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE