The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
seeing how the sellers $99.99...

seeing how the sellers $99.99usd reserve has been met, i'd say even the seller knows it's a fake through and through. hopefully the few bidders know also?

this part of the desription i personally really enjoyed

"Handpicked from my watch collection!" - i'd really like to see the keepers in that collection!

"Chronometer" - uh, wonder if it has the cosc certificate included?

"Genuine leather band" - i always chuckle when any seller uses this as a sales tool. for $15.00usd anyone can add a genuine leather strap. i wonder if anyone (meaning nonwatch type) would be convinced to buy based on the "genuine leather" aftermarket strap? now an oem, i understand as a sales tool.

"Stainless steel backing" - versus what? well i guess it could have a see thru, since it's not a tag or a heuer.

oh well, i guess it's goes to the old "let the buyer beware."

j.h.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE