The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I Had the Same Thoughts, After Reading the EBay Listing
In Response To: A question for Mark ()

shall we start a fund to receive donations?
  • we do the research and help with the ebay descriptions;
  • seller pays us a percentage of the final sales amount or perhaps we charge hourly rates;
  • we buy beer, web hosting, technical support, polo shirts or golf hats with the proceeds
  • purchaser can introduce himself to the community, and we all thank him for the healthy bid.

when I saw it listed on ebay, I wanted to go back and read the whole series of queries and responses, including the nice "thanks" extended by the owner, but then I decided that there are probably better things to do with my time than stew over such things. So I'll just say, "Good luck" in attracting $3,000 for this one!!

And thanks to the guys here, who do the research and post the messages, for the good of our fine little community. We'll continue to pay for our own beer, web hosting, technical support, etc., and be happy with our integrity and independence.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Would you have bothered to take the time to research and compose
: your very helpful reply if you had known that the person who had
: "recently bought the watch" was a power seller who was
: going to list it straight away on Ebay? Feels like your efforts
: were just to help someone create an ad.

: Maybe I am reading the situation incorrectly.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE