The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: The Big Anniversary: Heuer's 150th

Clearly it should be a series of 15 pocket-, stop- and wristwatches, one to represent each decade Heuer has been in existence, to be given away to people called Mark with Carrera collections. I mean, that's obvious, right?!

Seriously, though, I think you are right Jeff in that there isn't one watch that could do justice to 150 years of history, so there should be a number of watches to commemorate - after all, there was more than one to celebrate 125 years and 150 years feels more of a milestone somehow...

Monsieur Babin, now is the ideal opportunity to pop by again and tease us with hints of celebration models/garner ideas from the collecting community :)

I reckon there will be a Carrera, though I'm hoping (probably in vain) that it won't be 7750-based. A Grand Carrera too, I'd wager. A Monaco (or two, V4 manufacture is tooling up, isn't it?). And on the subject of manufacture, we know TH wants to push itself more in that direction so maybe something to reflect that (in addition to the V4), though hopefully not joining in the complication arms race for the sake of it that goes on at one end of the market... I hope they remember that heritage of tool watches in their deliberations. Maybe some of the other series watches will get some love too - Autavia feels under-used still (remember, TH, the bezel should rotate ;) ).

150... you know, that kind of feels like a production run number too. Maybe we'll see some more niche models/variations produced in such a limited run... hmmm, better start chatting up the local AD just in case!

Messages In This Thread

The Big Anniversary: Heuer's 150th
Re: The Big Anniversary: Heuer's 150th
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE