The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Solunar Heuer Tide Watch
In Response To: Solunar Heuer Tide Watch ()

Shortly after posting my thread on the fourm, i decided to email tag heuer asking for a little more information. i just got the reply this morning, they sent me several pdf files as well showing different documents with the watch, how to set it, how to read it, ect... if anyone is interested in these pdf files, shoot me an email and ill gladly foward them to you. The contents of the email are as follows:

Dear Mister Green,

The story :

The Solunar watch was launch in 1949.

After the war, an American company by the name of Abercrombie & Fitch, which described itself as “the world’s greatest sporting goods store,” became interested in Heuer company. They had a very innovative managing Director, who said to Charles-Edouard Heuer, “You need to make a tides watch. That is all the rage today. Fishermen fish according to the tides.” Charles-Edouard Heuer picked up on the idea, but asked his son Jack Heuer, “How do we do this?”. Jack Heuer had a very good physics teacher, who took care of all the necessary calculations for Heuer. That was the birth of the Solunar, a worldwide innovation. First we built the wristwatch, then the chronograph version. It was called the Mareographe

Please find below documents from TAG Heuer archives :

I hope it will be helpfull for you.

Regards,

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Mathilde TOURNOIS

Brand Heritage Manager

TAG HEUER SA

6A RUE LOUIS-JOSEPH CHEVROLET

2300 LA CHAUX-DE-FONDS SWITZERLAND

TEL +41 (0)32 919 8155

FAX +41 (0)32 919 9000

www.tagheuer.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE