The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Carrera Twin twins

Well, they all seem to be arriving at once!

I'd kind of given up on this one - Swiss seller, bank transfer to a German account, eBay feedback stopped dead a week before the transaction... A Google search revealed that bank had been used on several hacked accounts too, so I'd about written the money off. Which was a shame, as it was a maiden bid on the watch at a very good price but you live and learn...

Then a knock on the door this morning and the postman arrived with this!:

A second Carrera Twin :) I've always liked my silver one but wished it was a black one - but with these (unusually for a more recent watch) you have to take what you can get, they come up too rarely to be too choosy.

But now I have one in black, also with functioning LCD:

There is a third version in gold plate with a champagne dial but I have never ever seen one and I have a bit of a soft spot for these and do look out for them. The quartz ones too, but the only one of those I've ever seen on the Bay was in a Verona Quartz case so I decided to stay away.

Time to stop the new acquisitions for a while now though... unless of course something really nice crops up!

Timothy, did you get yours working yet?

Messages In This Thread

Carrera Twin twins
Re: Carrera Twin twins
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE