The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
seen & PIC of JO SIFFERTS HELMET and met his neffeu at TAG-H

Hi Heuer Lovers,
just got back from the Stuttgart RetroKlassiks Show and i was yesterday in Switzerland on a business tour over FRIBOURG / to la Chaux de Fonds at TAG-HEUER again for a meeting!

Well what a trip of suprises;

Monday morning 9,o clock and iris and me, half still sleeping , driving trough Fribourg the home-town of Jo Siffert, as i suddently i saw a red helmet in a jewlers shop window! Heee, whats that ? and i stopped, we drove back and got into the just opening shop:

THE ORIGL. JO SIFFERT HELMET, presented by jos son to this jewelers company to introduce the new Jo Siffert watch line shown in these days around Switzerland !!!

As you can see i took the first pic from out side the window, but then talking to the clarks iris got a better chance , they opened the decoration glases from the inside and she was allowed to take closer pics from the inside of the shop, but they didnt allowed me to touch it, it was forbidden by jo sifferts son , who is still the owner of this very rare piece!!

But as we got closer to it, you could see that jo siffert did paint or sprayed his helmet him- self, the rubbers there covered with red colour too and it had same signs of weared and scraches too.

Later at our business date at tag-heuer i told them about this new watch line and they said that jo sifferts bothers son works at tag-heuer too, i wanted to met him and he was called into the meting too.
Great boy , he looks like jo, same chin and nose....but he didnt wanted me to take a pic from him too.

Enjoy the pics, greetings Jasper

Messages In This Thread

seen & PIC of JO SIFFERTS HELMET and met his neffeu at TAG-H
Re: seen & PIC of JO SIFFERTS HELMET and met his neffeu at T
The Jo Siffert watches
Re: The Jo Siffert watches
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE