The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Let's Try to Guess the Ending of This Story . . .

so there is a Carrera 2447S (white dial) listed for sale, and I call the owner, and I ask him, "When was the watch last serviced?", and he says, "I have never had it serviced. I bought it in 1964, wore it once in a while for a couple of years, and then put it in the drawer. One time, it had stopped running, so I took it to a watch store, and the guy opened the back, played with it for a minute, and closed it back up, and it has run perfectly ever since."

. . . so then what happened?

Jeff

Messages In This Thread

Let's Try to Guess the Ending of This Story . . .
1 possible theory - He has another Heuer closet classic ???
He put it back in the drawer (?) *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE