The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: New Arrival - "Virgin 11630MH"
In Response To: New Arrival - "Virgin 11630MH" ()

Hi Abel,

great watch !! my first idea would be: it was at Tag Heuer for a center recase and bezel ?
Does the backcase show some polishing ?
Aprox.seven years ago new old stock Heuer Autavia (MH, Skipper, Decom., all later 70 series, no 1163)and Calculator cases appeared at munich watchshow, the came in boxes of five rather mixed, none of these had serial and reference numbers.
I think they were 70€ per piece, around 50 cases, I dont recall who bought them finally...

Cheers

Arno
www.heuerchronographs.com

: Hello,

: This is my latest arrival. A very nice and 99,9% NOS 11630MH
: Autavia. Strange thing about this one is that it has completely
: no serial or model number stamped into the case. So nothing
: between the lugs. There only is a C-xxxx-x number engraved on
: the caseback. As already known (some) Heuer watches distributed
: to the Swiss watchmarket came with this "C-xxxx-x"
: number engraved on the caseback.

: As stated before I was quite surprised there was no serial or
: modelnumber at all present on the case...Arno, maybe you know
: why??

: Here are already some quick pictures;
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:

: Cheers,
: Abel.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE