The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I've Never Seen This One

The case looks like one used by Heuer in the 1970's, though it is difficult to be certain without seeing the back.

The dial does not match up with anything that I've seen in any Heuer catalog, or with any watch that I know to have been made Heuer. I am not aware of any genuine Heuer chronograph that used either the "Chronographe" or the "17 Rubis Antimagnetic" marking.

We certainly seem to be seeing a lot of chronos being offered that have some sort of "17 Rubis" marking. My best source, who is familiar with all Heuer chronos offered in the US and European markets during the 1960's and 70's, says that Heuer never used this marking.

How is the movement marked? Can the person who sold you this chrono provide any additional information?

Please let us know if you learn more.

Thanks,

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: The crown isn't original, but the rest of the
: case looks right. Also, the dial doesn't
: look refinished - the wear is even on
: including one marker that is slightly worn.
: However, the dial says "Chronographe 17
: Rubis Antimagnetic". Any ideas?

: Thanks.

Messages In This Thread

Need Help Dating/Authenticating this Watch *PIC*
I've Never Seen This One
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE