The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
What does Le Mans mean to you ? - Monaco 1133B

I watched the movie 'Le Mans' again the other day.
It never fails to impress me how hard the drivers charged down the Mulsanne Straight even if it was not under actual race conditions. The classic cars, the orchestra of sound they make and truely breath-taking camera work make this movie a must see. The fact that our favorite watches keep making cameo appearances during the movie only adds to the experience.

So now i hope you understand my choice of watch for today:

New leather strap for my Monaco and an old favorite T-shirt - A perfect match.

Here's a link some of you may find interesting. A very short movie summary and then some mathmatical calculations used to figure the drivers speed around the track
http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2005/LeMans.shtml

Have a good weekend - Darren

Messages In This Thread

What does Le Mans mean to you ? - Monaco 1133B
Re: What does Le Mans mean to you ? - Monaco 1133B
Flying Race Cars -- Part Two
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE