The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Last puzzle piece for breitling auto series: found !!!!!

So here it is: the very first fried egg.

In Heuer terms this watch is as scare as a chronomatic. This version carries a cal 11 and a serial number, which goes back to mid 1968. reading Jeff's posts about the March 9 2009 40 years celebration this one was defenitelly earlier from the serial number starting with 125xxxxx and showing also the correct model number 7651. I do own three black and white vintage catalogs were this watch is displayed. Also the catalog of Jeff from chronosport guys shows this watch on page 28: however a 1969-70 catalog and with a different tachy ring: they made two versions with two different tachy rings. Both I can see in my catlaog.s

As said I know two of them so far: one is in a collection I know, second I missed 1 year ago for 5000 euro, NOS conditions. The one here is in outstanding cons: only the right tachy hand needs to be exchanged. even the full letters on the back can be eaisly identified and everything looks like the boy was long time in the drawer.

Main different is the dial with arros at 3/6/9 and a very very different optics in the right tachy ring with squared bars. Furthermore the date dial has black numbers with the first series. as in the catalogs. later breiting changed to red while heuer stood black...

Enjoy.... may be I will make a picture soon with its chronomatic siffert brother.

Can we explain the 1968 cal 11 movement here Jeff: is this first non-commercial series..how can we distinguish?

Alex

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE