The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
What to look for buying a vintage Carrera ?? Pics
In Response To: Carrera Dato on eBay ()

Thats one of the best Landeron 189 Carreras, I have seen on ebay for quite a time.
Original long minute and hour hands, dial looks perfect with no scratches or blemishes, patina seems matching and little dots intact, subdial looks clean printing good, circular ridges visible, the inner tension ring is flawless with 1% sec marks intact, pushers and crown are original, the case looks very good: sharp edges, correct backcase should have a clear longitudinal grinding if nos. However there is much material left, which can be seen at the surunding high shiny edge surface, lugs end surfaces sharp edges and slightly pointed, the serial number is correct for this generation two reference 3147 N and would date the watch around a 1968 production.I would ask for a movement picture, movement should be signed L189 under the balance and Heuer Leonidas on the bridge.
Attached out of my Heuer book please find the same reference for your reference.
I dont know the seller and my interest is to provide info for a safer purchase.
For newbies I recommend onthedash comparisions and pictures database, alexs heuerautavia website and the dealer websites of Nic, Jasper or Jonathan to make your eyes familiar with the huge heuer portfolio.
My book Heuerchronographs gives additional insights and shows 81 Heuer watches in detail and is a good investment prior new purchases.
Cheers
Arno
www.heuerchronographs.com

:
: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=250396745191

: Please, can someone tell me if the hands look right, and did they
: come without a signed crown ?

: Thanks

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE