The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Autavia aotomatic ?
In Response To: Re: Autavia aotomatic ? ()

Many thanks.I know it sounded like a dumb question but i just couldnt find the answer anywhere.It does make sense that it is a manual wind,only boosted by movement.Thats not like advertising to be misleading is it ?
Anyway,my chicken will no longer be burnt in the oven and i will never get another parking ticket again (according to period brochure).
Seriously,i will send it off to be relumed,new glass and painted hands and then wear it again.Pretty cool watch.
Great forum.
Thanks,Grant
: Hi Grant.

: The "automatic" refers to the winding mechanism of the
: watch - if it is being worn, then usual movement of the wrist
: will ensure the watch remains wound, hence the watch is being
: wound "automatically" as opposed to requiring manual
: winding.

: The power reserve is around 48 hours at most, so if it hasn't been
: worn for a couple of days, then it will have run out of power
: and will require winding. I like to give them a few manual winds
: when they have been sitting around for a while, then wearing
: them takes care of the rest.

Messages In This Thread

Autavia aotomatic ?
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE