The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: 11630 Bezel Insert aftermarket replacement report
In Response To: Re: 11630 Bezel ()

: Hello,

: Kav,my mistake for not being totally clear,yes,in fact i am only
: talking about bezel insert not a whole bezel.

: Stephen,i only saw an add for the 1163 not the 1630.Thanks for the
: item #,i have now found it.

: Please do post your result.

: Timothy a,can i ask did you buy from the same trader we are talking
: about ?wholesaleoutlet990 ?I only say this because they state
: that 'their item' does specifically NOT need shoe glue or the
: like ?,Strange ?
: Grant

To Grant and others - I have received the 11630 aftermarket bezel insert and am quite happy with the apparent quality of this item. The construction and number printing is very, very good (IMO). This MH type insert even has the small luminous dot in the center of the triangle at the 12 o'clock poition. The dot is affixed in the triangle by what appears to be a small rivet(?) somewhat similar as in Rolex inserts. The insert does seem to have a higher incline around its periphery. That is, the insert isn't flat but slightly inclines around its inner edge. I don't know what effect this may or may not have upon installation. IE-will it make the insert higher than the mineral crystal(??). The original bezel insert on my 11630 is in relatively good shape with just a couple edge wear marks so I bought this replacement insert for future use. IE-I don't plan to install it until the original bezel becomes more worn or scratched. Therefore I don't know if it will be a perfect fit although it does look to be pretty close to the same size when simply placed atop the current bezel. However, please remember that Timothy A who has installed one of these, has reported that the bezel is a bit smaller than the original and may need to be glued in place with shoe glue. The instructions included with the replacement insert does mention that if the new insert doesn't quite snap into the bezel perfectly, shoe glue is recommended, not super glue. Timothy also pointed out this fact in his post. Bottom line? For the money ($69), this e-bay available insert is a good deal, in my opinion.
Steve

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE