The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
A Heuer Forum. Great!!

Was glad to come upon this forum while searching for a band for my Heuer. Didn't know there was a "pre-TAG" forum out there. Here's mine. I think it's one of the last Heuers made before the TAG merger as I bought it new in Sept 1986. I think the model number (on the back) is 980004/1. It's a 200 meter watch with unidirectional bezel, screw down crown, sapphire crystal and quartz movement. I've never seen one like it on the WWW and wonder if anyone else here has one? I've been trying to locate another band to replace the original without much success. The orig. is 20.9mm wide with a flat end and the slot where it mates with the watch is 21.1mm wide. Kind of between the rock and the hard place since a 20mm bracelet is likely to be a bit sloppy and a 22mm too big. Is there such a thing as a 21mm bracelet? Or can a 22mm be modified to work? I'd appreciate any input you can offer.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE