The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
IWJG Show / The One I Attended was Awful for Heuers

Timothy:

I attended one IWJG show, in NYC last summer, and actually wrote up a report, from the Heuer collector's perspective. The problem is that I never posted this report, either here or OnTheDash.

The quick summary is that the quantity of vintage Heuers in the room was low (maybe about 25 pieces); the quality of those pieces was absolutely awful (with half of them being put-together pieces or fakes); and the attitude of the dealers was mixed, at best (if you weren't wearing or chasing the Rolexes or Pateks, then you were strictly second or third class).

Still, it was good fun to see the show and the people, but I didn't bring home any Heuers (or even consider any of them seriously). I hope that you will have better luck.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: hello, i ask as i seen one in NYC today it was nice. the guy seem
: to have his game on too LOL. buyer's and seller's were Uptight
: to me @ That show. i will go back 2marro and sweep up .with my
: offer's if i get something fine if not that's fine to it was a
: day out. nothing to write home about. maybe it was a carrera i
: was looking @.
: Timothy A
: Phila Pa 19125

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE