The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Ok, it's really REALLY subtle… On the Heuer GMT…

sorry to copy your style (although nowhere as good)a bit in my response/more questions, but i wanted to cover the multiple sections without missing anything.

Not a problem J! I wish more people took the time!

even though i'm sure your correct, as your knowledge and experience is miles above my head, the dial, to me, looks very similar to the autavia gmt. what significant differences am i missing?

Ok, it's really REALLY subtle... On the Heuer GMT, or at least mine, the Sub dials go all the way to the luminous dot at 3, 6 and 9. On the Glycine and Nivada there is a little bit of black space between the sub dials and the luminous that isn't there on the Heuer (or at least mine).

another great piece, thanks for sharing! could it be another case possibly of using the same suppliers?

Ah, this is fun! Like show and tell in Kindergarten... To answer your question, yes, this could be another example of using the same case suppliers.

as for my other question(s). excellent response, greatly appreciated!

Ah, You're welcome, like I say, I enjoy this...

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

(Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE