The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Newbie question on automatic Tag

Hi,

I know this forum is for vintage pieces but I could not find any other forum that dealt with Tag watches. I just purchased the latest model Link Automatic and it does not do a very good job of keeping time. I lose about 30 - 40 seconds a day. I wear it all day and while my day is not active 100% I am not just sitting around so I believe that I am moving my wrist enough? I have done some research and I found that it is not uncommon for an automatic watch to lose 5 seconds a day but more than 10 could mean a problem. I only take the watch off at night before going to bed (about 10:00 pm) and I put it on right after I get in the shower (about 5:45am). I see that there is a repar center in New Jersey but I have only been able to find an address. Does anybody have an email contact/phone number where I can call? I bought the watch in St. Thomas at a store called Little Switzerland which is owned by Tiffany & Co. so it is under warranty and I have all of the required info. Any help/suggestions/info would be greatly appreciated. It is a little frustrating to spend this kind of money on a watch and have to reset the time every 2-3 days.

Thanks

Kevin Pope

Messages In This Thread

Newbie question on automatic Tag
Re: Newbie question on automatic Tag
RE: Newbie question on automatic Tag *LINK*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE