The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Two Gentlemen, Two Autavias and One Old Porsche

One of the fun things about OnTheDash and this Discussion Forum has been creating the opportunity for like-minded people to get together -- to discuss issues, share information, and even exchange Heuers with one another. Every once in a while, a buyer and a seller come along at about the same time, and each can be very happy to have met the other.

The following recaps such a "meeting" that ocurred just a few days ago, between the owner of an old Porsche and the owner of two old Autavias.

As has become our custom, I will close with the usual confirmation that I had no financial interest in the transaction that I am describing. Indeed, I feared that taking even a nickel for my efforts might detract from the magic / karma / luck of the meeting.

An OnTheDash Story with a Happy Ending

Just a few days ago, I received an e-mail message from a gentleman in New York who had purchased one of these . . .

He told me that, to put together a pair of Heuers for his old rally car, he wanted to buy one of these . . .

When I asked him, "What kind of old rally car do you have?", he told me that he had one of these . . .

Thinking that it would be terrible to have 1967 clocks in a 1955 Porsche, I said, " . . . but what you really need is a pair of these" . . .

Two days later, I received an e-mail from a contact in California, who asked whether I knew anyone who might like to buy these . . .

So I introduced these two gentlemen to each other, and they immediately exchanged a few of these . . .

And now the gentleman in New York has this beautiful pair of Autavia stopwatches . . .

to use OnTheDash of his 1955 Porsche Continental, when he competes in the Arctic Rally, like this . . .

THE END

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE