The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Fantastic Images!!
In Response To: Fantastic Images!! ()

Fantastic Images!!

Posted By: jeff stein <onthedash@bellsouth.net> Date: 6/25/03 11:41 GMT

In Response To: Many large snapshots from the movie LeMans... (Chicagoland Chuck Maddox)

Chuck:

I have just returned from vacation, and the Le Mans shots are fantastic. The quality of the images is incredible.

Images were captured using the VideoLan Controller (a free download) on my iMac G4 17" 800MHz... The biggest problem with this scheme is the DVD viewer that's built in to Mac OS X is written in a way to prevent screensnaps (probably due to copyright concerns). So I have to use VLC, which is ok, but it requires a lot of patience to grab the exact frame you want. I did spy a Breitling Navitimer style watch being worn by one of the spectator's in the stands opposite the pit's but because it is in shot for only a fraction of a second, and there is an immediate direct cut to another shot, I have been unsuccessful in capturing that image.

First order of business will be to add a "Le Mans" area to OnTheDash . . . under the Monaco Chronograph area, of course.

And of course some shots to the "Jo Siffert" section of the Autavia table/images...

Thanks for the shots and for contributing so much to this Discussion Forum.

Eh, just holding down the fort while you were in the combat zones. Besides, I believe I have a vested interest in the success of this site and forum! =)

Jeff

Cheers and welcome back!

When you get the chance there have been some requests for information on the new Jo Siffert Re-Issue... You mentioned that you saw them in stores in Italy.

Perhaps an "after action" report would be appropriate... =)

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox (Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE