The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Greetings!

Hi all - for the last couple of years I have been into watches. It wasn't until very recently did I learn about vintage Heuers (and I am still learning A LOT). I just purchased a good condition Bund Chrono and should be here in a few days. However, I really want to buy an Autavia as I found myself really drawn to them. I like the Vics and the "orange boy" models (1163, 11630? - see, still learning).

What are some trusted places to buy from that will present the watch as it is? I have noticed that some sites will say "great condition" etc, but after asking an experienced person find out that the hands have been replaced, it's been repainted, etc. I don't mind that someone might have restored a watch necessarily, I just don't want to buy a frankenwatch. Obviously, the more I educate myself the easier it will be to do this on my own. Still, it would be good to know where to look and, I guess, who to trust based on prior transactions.

Any help is appreciate and thanks!
Chris

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE