The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Redials: The Very Best and the Very Worst
In Response To: Re: Redial – Find 10 faults! ()

The very best redials can be almost impossible to detect . . . they can be accurate enough to survive the scrutiny of the average collector, if not the top experts.

The very worst redials can be hideous, an assault to the eyes when you even look at the watch!

I am not one of the paint / dial experts, but I would say that this one is toward the bottom of the food chain, in terms of overall quality and accuracy.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Fault # 11 - $200+ for a crap job like that. Wow - that is a
: hideous redial. International dial in the US or DialCraft in
: Canada would have done a much better job and at less than half
: the price! I hope you have the option to get your money back. If
: they thought that was an
: OK job, I wouldn't expect much the second time around. Craig

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE