The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Derek Bell Autavia
In Response To: Re: Derek Bell Autavia ()

Hi Mark,
hi Arno,

thanks very much for your help! Yes, the seller is indeed an expert on Heuer, now I know. And very friendly, too! I just didn't know when I bought the watch and as there are all sorts of sellers on ebay, I just wanted to be sure.

Last night, I found this discussion about the different Derek Bell's, just a few days prior to the one Mark mentioned:

http://www.chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?read=26707

And you are absolutely right, Mark, my collection is really building quickly. And I haven't even mentioned a Hamilton Chrono from the 60s (sort of Poor Man's "Carrera 30 Date", with black dial and white registers, date at 6) ...; and a Omega Speedmaster Apollo XI Ref. 145.0808 with sapphire crystal back which is currently at Omega HQ Biel for revision. Ok, I will become 40 in a few months, so that's a good excuse ;).

Greets,
oliver

-------------------------------------------------------

Building the collection pretty quickly Oliver!

: Jeff identified some variants on the bezels on these
: "Bell" Autavias a while back:

: http://www.chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?read=26792

: Over to the Autavia guys to chip in with any more detailed
: information!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE