The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Scan Day: My Go To and Beater Heuer...

One of my first eBay watch purchases was a Tourneau Black PVD 5100 (Poor-Man's Heuer), and eventually I added a TAG-Heuer Black PVD 5100, etc. ... Before I had been collecting for a full year, I had picked up a Pewter PVD Heuer 510.503 which I was wowed by the day-glo Orange Hands on the Gray background. My first 510.503 is on the right below...

So I have kept an eye out for additional examples. About two years ago I ran across an example with it's PVD coating polished off, and I thought it was a good look, so when the price didn't go too high, I picked it up off of eBay...

Put it on a Timex Ironman bracelet and added enough links so that I can wear it on either wrist comforatbly and it has become my "Go to" and or Knockabout Heuer.

I have about $430 into it, and frankly, if it dies, it dies... I send it in to Pro-Time and have them fix it. To my knowledge Heuer never made a brushed Stainless model in this case with the Silver/gray dial. Perhaps they should have.

Enlargements are available in this folder:

http://home.xnet.com/~cmaddox/heuer/watches/wrist/5100s/510_503/

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

(Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE