The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Advice for buying a 39 diamond Monaco online

Hi there, I'm wondering if people could give me their opinion on this. I've wanted a WW2118.FC6216 Monaco (the one with 39 diamonds and python skin band) for a while now, but havnt been able to afford it. I saw one in a Mappin and Webb 6 months ago and was absolutely dumbfounded. These rarely come up second hand and I havnt wanted to pay retail.

Watchfinder.co.uk is currently selling a used one with box and papers for half the retail price (in fact I think the retail price theyve listed on their site should be £4,999 not £4,540).

These guys really dont know how to take a good photo by the way. This watch looks amazing but this photo is a bit bland.

http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Tag-Heuer/Monaco-Watches/WW2118.FC6216-c5158-watch.aspx

So my question is, are these guys legit? Has anyone got experinces buying from them? I like that they are in the UK (like i am) so dont have to worry about taxes or shipping costs. The warrenty they include is a nice touch but only if there guys are acutally legit. Is there any chance this is non genuine or the diamonds have been replaced?

Sorry if these questions are stupid, I own a few Tags (inc another monaco) and a Sub but didnt buy any of them online.

Thanks heaps in advance for any help.

Messages In This Thread

Advice for buying a 39 diamond Monaco online
Re: Advice for buying a 39 diamond Monaco online
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE