The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: 1163MH - "Siffert" with a difference

Paul looks good and with nice matching patina to hands and dial, welcome in the siffert club !! maybe the first owner preferred a mh bezel ? Interesting is that the tachybezel is still available at Tag Heuer new old stock (if I rember correctly I think they were around 80 €) however the minutes hour bezels are sold out. I am sure one of our dealer friends can help you with a spare atchy bezel.
Enjoy the great watch...

Arno

www.heuerchronographs.com

: The Autavia 1163 "Siffert" is generally shown with the
: tachy bezel. I aquired this example with the MH bezel. It came
: from the original owner via a very reputable and well known
: dealer (thanks Jonathan) and included the original guarentee and
: model label found on the back of new Heuer watches. Has anyone
: else seen this combination before and is it correct to refer to
: this example as a "Siffert" model?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE