The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: good find! thanks for posting...

love the writers description and enthusiasm towards the quartz seiko lc chrono. with use of descriptions like, "this produces a floodlight over the display." anyway good read. i also love the prices!:)

And you can get that Seiko on eBay these days for probably less than $100, and the Daytona will go for $13,000 to $15,000... Who knew? Certainly not me.

will it be joining a place on your own pages? i'm not to up on my copyright laws, would this be a direct violation with somewhat permanent placement? thanks!

I posted the pages under the provisions of "Fair Use" in the US Copyright code, which allows that ‘the fair use of a copyrighted work for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.’. The code also makes a distinction for non-profit use as well.

Here is the schtick. I feel very confident the listing falls well within fair use as I'm posting them for the education of the viewer of them on my site which is completely non-commerical and non-profit... However, if Car and Driver wants to have me pull scans of a 5 page article with no author credit that is over 26 years old, I'll change the file name of the files and it'll break the links and that'll be that. I suspect that Car and Driver has better things to do than worry about this. Unless they have another article on Chronographs that I am able to find this will likely be the only instance that I will ever do this.

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

(Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Chronographs, like many things in life, only get better with age…

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE