The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Quartz prices erratic in general?
In Response To: Re: Divers on their way up? ()

I'm not sure quartz Heuers have found their price level in the same way the mechanicals have. Barring the odd bargain and the highly over-ambitiously priced examples, we tend to see a fairly tight range for a mechanical Heuer - the market more or less agrees on what these are "worth" (anything is worth what someone is willing to pay).

But as we don't see quartz Heuers as often, I'm not sure that shared feel for price is there. I've used the example of the LCD Carrera Twins before - when new, it was the same price as an automatic Carrera, but that doesn't hold true now, they won't fetch the same prices. I picked up both mine for between £225 and £265, yet the last couple I've seen have been priced in the same ranges as an 1153, i.e. between £850 and £1100! They should never go for that much but the point is that the sellers genuinely just didn't know that.

I agree with Jarl, $499 is too much for one of the divers. I'd see it more as top end for a fully-functioning Carrera or Verona Twin. I reckon it's the quartz market for Heuers still finding its feet and working towards that shared understanding of value and what price to ask. I also agree that the orange ones are great :)

Messages In This Thread

Divers on their way up?
Re: Divers on their way up?
Quartz prices erratic in general?
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE