The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Marius - sorry to hear - but try one suggestion

Sadly I think you will find that ebay will not be willing to look into copies of emails. I had exactly the same issue & was in contact with Ebay who would not look at the emails from their system - they expect you to forward them to them in some mind boggling format. If you just attach copy emails in the normal way they claim they wont open them as they could have a virus.

Its all a load of b*****ks - they basically cant be bothered to get involved so they make it impossible for you to provide them with the supposed proof they need.

You would think that a seller declining to take the paypal money would be sufficent proof & they can so easily see the messages he sent you as they are in their system.

In my case the seller also relisted it whilst my dispute was in progress & Ebay woulkdnt stop it.

Sadly I think live chat would be a waste of time - I was speaking on the phone to supposed Ebay dedicated premium account staff & they did diddly squat to help.

My best advice is to buy via the decent folk on OTD - you might pay a little more but at least you know what you are getting. However I guess part of the fun of Ebay is the gamble element but you just have to be prepared to be dissapointed.

John L

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE