The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Monaco LS production version

Now the 40th anniversary Monacos are hitting retailers and collectors (grats to all those on the forum who have one), TAG-Heuer are turning their attention to one of the Monacos from Baselworlds past and getting it out to the public.

No, it's still not the production version of the Monaco V4 from Basel 2004, but the final version of the Monaco 360 LS from two years later.

For those of you who don't remember it, the 2006 prototype looked like this:

The production version will look like this (barring any last minute changes):

The dial is still a little busy, but that's to be expected with how time is being displayed by the movement. However, I think they've done a cracking job of improving it over the prototype - unlike the transition from concept to production car (Porsche Boxster, Audi TT anyone?), the detailing on the final product is much improved to my eyes. I just wish that hour recorder was white on black, that silver ring looks a bit cheap.

So now, after the 40th anniversary that pretty slavishly followed the original (bar those pushers of course...), we now have a thoroughly modern Monaco. I quite like it, for different reasons than the blue guy, but like it nonetheless - what do the Monaco fans think?

Messages In This Thread

Monaco LS production version
I'm a fan..
Crocodile straps
An idea...
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE