The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Manual Siffert's and MH bezels
In Response To: Doesn't seem right at all... ()

Hi Amer - let me start with saying this is a lovely watch, it would appear to me to be in fantastic condition. I must agree that the bezel does look to be an aftermarket item , particularly if it has a blue finish.
There is certainly some evidence of manual Sifferts being produced with MH dials. I clearly remember seeing a few come up for sale over the years and recall seeing them pictured in this forum earlier.
This link from the OTD Autavia reference shows a 3 register Siffert Autavia 73663 with a MH bezel in place :
http://www.onthedash.com/Guide/_Chronographs/62.Autavia/i.Manual--Later_Style/72.Reference_73663/B.White_and_Black/
Its not evidence enough to conclusively say your 73463 Autavia came factory fitted with a MH bezel but its certainly possible.

Enjoy your watch - Darren

-
-
-
-
-
-
-: I'll leave to our Autavia gurus ape, AMH and Jeff for more details,
: but the "Siffert with a MH bezel" thread has already
: come up and it was ruled out.
: Definitely it needs to be a tachy one, black base with white font.
: Cheers.
: Fabrizio

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE