The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Advice on removing an Autavia bezel - Abel?

Hello Steve,

I hope everything is well with you and your family!

You noticed it very well...I recently sold two 11630MH Autavia's, both with such an aftermarket bezel insert.

I must say they do look very good. Altough there are some minor points on the looks that could be improved...the negative thing about these bezel inserts is that they tend to be just a little bit smaller then the original one, also a little bit thinner. This means you have to use some kind of glue to keep them into their correct position. Also because they're a little bit thinner they fall something deeper into the bezel itself.

All in all they're worth the money if no other solution is present.

Abel.

: I noticed that one forum expert/craftsman, Abel, recently
: posted/sold a couple Autavia's on e-bay which have had
: replacement aftermarket bezel inserts installed. They looked
: great! I, and I'm sure others, would love to hear his feedback
: regarding his experience in performing this replacement task.
: Did they fit okay? Did you have to use a small amount of shoe
: glue or did they simply snap into place? Could you possibly
: comment? We'd all be very grateful!
: Thanks! Steve

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE